It’s proof that organizations are becoming increasingly aware of the fact that they need to embrace a mobile strategy. Not only has the numerous of mobile solely internet users outweighs desktop only, but also the app usage has also acceded desktop usage. As a result of this, companies are re-developing their mobile tactics and developing more innovations. The major puzzlements that the companies have been grappling with, however, is whether a mobile app or a website is the right way to go.
Many argue that one doesn’t need a mobile app, they just need a website that looks great on mobile devices. Others say that mobile apps have more positive aspects that a website cannot offer. However, when thinking more profoundly, there are numbers of aspects that need to be considered before taking a decision. When it comes to different mobile mediums, it can be complex to find out where to focus our efforts. We break down the positive and negative aspects of each choice so that one can align a mobile strategy that suits business strategies.
So what are the benefits of mobile apps which outweighs the mobile websites?
- Higher engagement:- Mobile apps run within their own interface environment, which allows users to become more profound in the experience and allow them to interact with mobile devices more deeply.
- Additional features:- Mobile applications provide users with extra special features which are only developed for the mobile apps and that are not available on mobile websites. The important feature for instance push notifications address books, audio recording, device vibration, cloud integration, offline access and caching, which enables extra functionalities directly from the app.
- Enhanced security:- the Mobile app allows the user to improvise the security of the app by implementing a higher security code or pattern or fingerprints. After getting access to such codes mobile permits to communicate with existing apps. Which is not available on the mobile websites.
- Instant access online or offline:- All mobile apps can be accessed easily and in a very quick or in a suave way by just tapping on relevant Icon on the device. This allows user to find the information quickly rather than being waiting for long time. Many apps can be accessed offline with the updates being stored temporarily until the device get connects to the Internet.
However, with the developing world and technologies, we cannot deny the facts that there are few benefits of mobile websites too, which has surpassed the mobile apps.
Benefits of mobile websites are:-
- Lower cost often:- There are the plethora of companies that charge a huge amount for mobile apps and also for the cost of maintenance whereas, mobile websites don’t charge such amount. Even developing mobile apps is a bit expensive than a developing website.
- Frequent Upgrade available: -Mobile website can often be developed by updating existing websites to mobile-accessible sites. In mobile websites upgrade can be made easily and which is accessible to every user. On the other hand, for mobile apps lot of data need to upgrade and that is kind of complex task and only the user will upgrade that only can enjoy the privileges of a new update.
In conclusion, despite the cost benefits of developing mobile websites, the mobile apps are getting more known by the people. Because mobile apps are more reliable and mainly its significant features engaging customers attention, they sustain a higher level of user engagement with its users than the mobile web.
By- Rushi R. Jaiswal